All because two people fell in love...

Monday, December 14, 2009

Last Doctors Visit

Today I went to see my fabulous docs for my 38th week of pregnancy. There has been talk all along of induction earlier than my due date because of the fact that this may be a big baby. Karli was 9lbs 4oz, but she was 5 days over due. Today we did an ultrasound with Dr. Boehling for "fetal growth." He said from the beginning that ultrasound can sometimes "overshoot the weight," but the baby weight as of today was 8lbs 9oz........YIKES! Following that, I'm scheduled for induction Wednesday morning at 7:30am!!!! I really do have mixed emotions about it. Overall I'm super excited and more than ready to have our baby. On the other hand I am a little reserved due to the fact that I'm early and this may turn into a marathon labor because my body just simply isn't ready yet. I feel good about it though, Wednesday I'll be in the more than capable hands of Dr. Duruman and nurse midwife Karen! William is really excited and we are both ready to meet our second child. Since we didn't find out the sex of the baby it's even more exciting. I have to say that we do have a boy name picked out but William will not talk about girl names. He says he will be a proud father either way, he's just showing "confidence" that it's a boy...haha! So hopefully everything will go as planned this Wednesday and the next time I post something it will be to introduce you to the new him or her that will soon be such a wonderful part of our lives! Fingers crossed!!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait:) We'll be waiting patiently Wednesday! I can't believe that is already weighs so much! You'll do great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to meet him or her...yall have to call us as soon as you can!! You are going to be just fine...we will be praying for all of you!! And remember that drugs are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so....exciting and I can't wait. I know you and William are ready and I bet Karli is too!! I'm looking forward to tomorrow! Hang in there - one more day! Love ya bunches!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers and good thoughts heading your way for a speedy delivery! XOXO

    ReplyDelete