All because two people fell in love...

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Karli's 1st Trip to the Dentist

Yesterday was Karli's first dentist appointment. I know, she's 6 and she probably should have gone by now. However, I have a secret fear of the dentist. I'm just absolutely petrified of them. Last time I had a visit my jaw locked up and they had to manually put it back in place, so I care to not visit if at all possible. Well, when they called her name Karli went back all by herself and she did really well. I had to walk her to the door but then she let go of my hand and went on through! They told me she was very nervous and a little teary eyed at first but she was very cooperative. She had 4 cavities (I felt awful when they told me that), but they were all just on the surface and will not be much at all to fix. It will require 2 visits. They will fix 2 at a time. Her first appointment is May 2 to start on the first 2. After the visit Karli got a toothbrush with Ariel on it and told me she liked going to the dentist, "it was really neat." She said that when she closed her mouth around the suction tip that she made a pig noise, and the girl cleaning her teeth told her that she was very tallented because not everyone could make a pig noise on their first visit! Of course I'm concerned about taking her back to get the 1st 2 of her 4 cavities filled...ugh. Kids do this all of the time right? I think I'm more nervous than she is. Hopefully all goes well and updates to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment